The Schools and Community Service of Remembrance took place on Friday 2 November at St Columba’s Church. The school was represented by pupils from first year, second year, third year and the school choir.
The photo below shows pupils from S1 – 3 beside the poppy art installation created by our pupils in S1. At their feet are the wreaths laid by a representative from each of the nine schools and the British Legion during the service. The art installation will be on display at our school assemblies taking place in school the week beginning 5 November.
Date: Wednesday 14th November 2018
Time: 16:30 – 17:45
Venue: Old Braeside School, Braeside Place
Why should I attend?
Every Aberdeen City School now has access to TextHelp’s Read&Write software, available on every device – Windows PCs, Macs, Google, iPad and Android tablets, and what’s more – Everyone can access it at home too! Come along to a hands on workshop and how it can be used to support all learners.
What is Read&Write software?
Used daily by millions of students worldwide, Read&Write is an award-winning literacy toolbar that helps each member of the class realise their full potential. Supporting all stages from Primary 1 to S6, there are features to benefit everyone!
- Word prediction and dictionary tools to support every stage of learning
- Text-to-speech and voice recognition – Why type when you can use your voice?!
- Fact finding and research tools to support emerging story writers as well as senior students completing assignments
- Mp3 audio maker – Download your notes and listen on-the-go
- And lots more! Find out more information at texthelp.com
“Helping every student understand, learn and express themselves with confidence.”
Want to find out more? Everyone welcome!
Please note you may bring your young person with you too!
Register your interest here http://bit.ly/ReadWriteParents
Look forward to seeing you there!