Message to all pupils who do NESCOL courses:
• North East Scotland College is continuing remote delivery as far as possible for all students, including School Links pupils and Foundation Apprentices. All pupils have access to a College email account with their Student ID number. If they don’t know their Student ID number or password, we can assist them if they contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Pupils are able to communicate with their lecturers, access course materials and submit coursework and assessments through use of Blackboard.
• Should there be any pupils who may struggle to access resources online to data limitations or access to devices, please liaise with the Schools Liaison team on a case by case basis.
• For assessment of outstanding practical units, where assessment depends on observation or completion of a practical project, lecturing staff will keep pupils up to date on agreed alternative arrangements as we know them. Communication with awarding bodies continues in this respect.
• We are unable to confirm arrangements at this time for the start of new courses in June 2020 – so for now, once key priorities have been addressed within your school, I would encourage schools to try to submit online applications via the Portal as and when you are able. Applications are now being reviewed, and several courses are already in high demand. We will consider how selection measures will be applied and keep you up to date on that
• All Schools Liaison team emails will be being checked at least twice a day and telephone calls to 01224 612020 are on divert to a mobile phone that will be answered during office hours.
Any queries not addressed in this email, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Our thoughts are very much with our pupils, colleagues and partners at this time as we negotiate this experience, stay well and healthy, and we look forward to seeing you in person again soon!
Shelley, Emma, Julia, Lynn and Karen