VIRTUAL WORK EXPERIENCE
SDS are supporting partners in venture with OGTC to deliver “virtual work experience” to 16-24 year olds interested in an energy career this summer. We shall be supporting two workshops on “Meta-skills” and “Career management skills”.
We had been planning to pilot Energy Transition education modules, using a Flipped Classroom model, with schools in March. Understandably this has been postponed.
At the OGTC, we were sad that we couldn’t provide work experience and intern opportunities in our office this summer. We decided to do something about it and have created an online programme of inspiring educational and career talks.
The aim of the programme is to:
Help young people understand the energy transition and that exciting careers are available
Support sustainable talent pipeline for energy sector
Showcase the D&I split of staff within the OGTC team and show that career opportunities are accessible
Create a sense of community for young people
The target audience for the 20-minute sessions is young people aged between 16 and 24. Here is the draft session schedule (below):
1. MASTERCLASS: Introduction to the energy transition / climate change
2. MASTERCLASS: Metaskills with Skills Development Scotland
3. MASTERCLASS: Technology and impact on work; the importance of digital skills
4. CAREER INSPIRATION: Net zero
5. CAREER INSPIRATION: Entrepreneurial spirit / clean tech
6. CAREER INSPIRATION: Renewables industry
7. CAREER INSPIRATION: Data analyst
8. CAREER INSPIRATION: IT and Systems
9. CAREER INSPIRATION: Legal careers
10. CAREER INSPIRATION: Finance
11. CAREER INSPIRATION: HR
12. CAREER INSPIRATION: Marketing & Communications / Events
13. MASTERCLASS: Finding and applying for work opportunities
14. MASTERCLASS: Creating a great impression at interview
More information will be shared with you prior to the first session in the Year Group Google Classroom, scheduled for Wednesday 27th May at 11am using Zoom.