Dundee Dental School invites young people to apply to Dental Insight, a widening access programme which allows them to gain well sought-after work experience on student clinics and insight into the life of a dental student at the University of Dundee.
Dundee Dental Insight is a unique three-day event set to encourage aspiring dentists to solidify their decision to apply for dentistry, whilst providing an invaluable experience in the day to day life at the Dental School.
The programme will involve;
- Shadowing on student clinics
- Taster sessions involving hands on dentistry
- Discussions and advice on writing and enhancing your personal statement
- Information and guidance on the UKCAT
- The opportunity to socialise with other pupils from across Scotland in the same position as you are
The programme will run from the 1st – 3rd of June 2020. It is completely free of charge and is an ideal opportunity for pupils from a wider range of areas to learn more about the dental profession.
There are 30 available spaces. To be eligible pupils must;
- Be an S5 pupil
- On track for the minimum entry requirements for Dentistry at Dundee
- Have a keen interest in studying dentistry
Deadline for applications is the 1st of March at 6pm.
Anyone interested in applying should speak to their Guidance teacher.